How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Sons girlfriend has just moved out of the house they were jointly

Customer Question

Sons girlfriend has just moved out of the house they were jointly renting. She took their son with her and now will not let him see her.despite his requests. He is named on the birth certificate as the dad. What are the next steps
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Please cancel my question and arrange for a refund.


David XXX

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiMy apologies for the delay I have been unwell.The law says that a child is entitled to ocntact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.The starting point is for your son to make an appointment to see a local Family his ex agrees to mediation then great - if not then your son will need to make an immediate applictaion to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out the times that the child will spend with himHe can find out more here\ hope that this is of assistance - please ask for any further details requiredClare