How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My sons ex partner is taking his daughter to brazil months

Customer Question

My sons ex partner is taking his daughter to brazil for 9 months in 2 day time, he didn't sign any passport forms, we only found out today! His name is ***** ***** certificate, she was born in 2010. Can he stop her taking her?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help youHis ex needs either his permission or an Order from the Court to take the Child abroadYour son need sto apply immediately for a Prohibited steps Order preventing the child being taken from the country until there has been careful consideration of the position.He can get immediate help from the charity Reunitewww.reunite.orgPlease ask if you need further detailsClare