How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have an issue with the windows that were fitted in my new

Customer Question

I have an issue with the windows that were fitted in my new house built in 2007 by Charles Church who have now been taken over by Persimmon Homes/Charles Church. The windows are clearly faulty. I have had the NHBC look at them and from their Investigating Report their findings say that the problem is twisted window frames! There are gaps at the tops of the windows and sides as if they have dropped which lets in wind more noticeable in the Winter months which results in higher heating bills as the thermostat then come on especially upstairs in the main bedroom. They have told me to claim on my house insurance which I find unbelievable as it is nothing to do with them. Charles Church originally built this house now part of Persimmon Homes/a division of Westbury Homes the house is less than 10 years old. They have also informed me that the original company that fitted the windows Northampton Windows are no longer trading and the mechanical part of the windows is only covered for the frat two years! Can you give me any advice? Regards ***** ***** email***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
NHBC are denying its anything to do with them?
Please note it may be the morning when I reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know NHBC are not responsible for my windows as they have told me it is not structural which I can understand. It is the responsibility of the builders Charles Chuch/Persimmon Homes/Westbury Homes who employed the contractors at the time Northampton Windows as I stated. Persimmon Homrs are telling me to go to my house insurance company to sort out the faulty windows! In my opinion it is nothing to do with them at all as they did not fit the windows or have any part in the building of my home.
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Do you know the cost of putting right please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have unsubscribed from your service

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I asked if you knew the cost of putting the windows right?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I do not know for sure the cost of replacing my windows.
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
You need to get a cost for doing that.
You need to write and set out your losses and request they replace them or you will claim for the cost of that within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.