How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

The hearing happened yesterday and the Police of Peckham never

Customer Question

The hearing happened yesterday and the Police of Peckham never asked me but suggested it will be heard in Hendon Magistrate that I have suggested then the an initial hearing as I said NO Guilty is another Hearing in Harrow Crown within 2 weeks. I asked my solicitors that as I am alone and my Doctor said on the 8th July that I should stay with my children. I have 2 sons and they live with their wives. I said to the solicitor who was representing me that I can stay with my sister in Kent and the Harrow Crown Court on the next hearing transferred to the Kent area. The solicitor said "No" and I said I am very very low and keep crying every now and then during the day inspite of the Doctor prescribed the depression medication. I don't this firm of solicitor as one of my friend suggested. What should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
I gather from your question that you have a case in the Crown Court, and that you are not happy with your solicitors, especially with their lack of interest in getting your case transferred to a more local court to you.
As a first step you should write to them firm setting out why you want the case transferred and asking them to advise yo in writing about the prospects of success of such an application.
If you do not get a satisfactory response then you might want to consider trying to transfer your legal aid order to another firm.