How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

After I complained to a persons governing body about their

This answer was rated:

After I complained to a persons governing body about their conduct and behaviour.
To counter act this they brought a defamation case against me which is currently stayed based on identical cross undertaking to the court :- "XXXX gave an undertaking to the court not to communicate to third parties verbally, by letter, email or other means any defamatory comments concerning myself".
They have since sent an email to my employer making false allegations of "my harassment/intimidation and making threats against them" - they go on to describe my conduct as "somewhat dubious along" with stating "that I have brought my company into disrepute".
More concerning is that they state in the email that they have been taking photographs and video's of myself whilst I was inside the court waiting room and these were attached to the email sent to my employer..
1) Does this breach their undertakings to the court - if so what action can I take.. ?
2) Is it illegal to take pictures and video's inside a court building (court waiting room) - if so what action can I take.. ?
3) Is it illegal to take pictures and video's inside a court building (court waiting room) and then publish these pictures to third parties without permission - if so what action can I take.. ?
1) Yes this does. Its beaches it by communication to a third party, your employer
2) It is illegal to take photos inside a Court building. Whether or not permission is granted they can't.
You need to make an application to Court for committal of a breach of a Court order. Plus you can bring it to the attention of the Judge that they have taken photos which is in breach of Criminal Justice Act 1925 (c.86) s.41
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


What court application form number do I require.. ?

Do you think that the police will take and further action as obviously I am not at all happy about this person having electronic images of myself and my family and really I want the police to remove these images from his computer..

This person is a member of the Middle Temple Inns' of Court and a student barrister with a law degree - so he should know better..

I don't know whether the Police will do anything, it may be down to the court. I would also complain to the Bar Standards Board as well.
It would be form N244 as usual. But you need to have an affidavit saying what has been done.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


That is who I complained to in the first place (some 18months ago) due to his conduct and behaviour.

Richard Chapman was the Middle Temple student officer - hence he started defamation proceedings against me wanting £10,00 in damages plus costs and a written apology but he got nothing at all but identical cross undertakings to the court - yet he has stated that he won the case... ?

What would be a possible out come from the judge - is it just a fine or a telling off.. ?

Contempt of Court would be:
a) warning
b) fine
c) prison
But in any event you would be entitled to your costs.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.