How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

Mam, I work in a british company operation in Kuwait,

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Mam,
I work in a british company operation in Kuwait, my manager an English citezen, reported me to an ethical committee with false information. Plus in a different incident he came to my office shouted at me and accused me of something I never did in front of my collegues.
Can I suing him in the UK and sue the company for not taking any action toward him ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Is your manager still based in Kuwait?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex,
Yes he is.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
You could sue him for defamation in the English Courts. You are both English citizens.
You need to consider the following:
- There will be an added expense to the proceedings as his service address is outside the UK - you will need to obtain permission of the courts to serve him with proceedings outside the UK;
- Where are his assets - if you win a judgment you will need to enforce it against him - if you have to do this in Kuwait that may be difficult - does he have property in England to enforce;
- Will this effect your employment or status in Kuwait?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards