How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I employed a 'debt recovery' agency (Final Demand Ltd. Liverpool)

This answer was rated:

I employed a 'debt recovery' agency (Final Demand Ltd. Liverpool) to pursue a sub-contractor through the small claims court last September. They took an initial payment and then one for court costs. Up until this moment, it is my firm belief that they have done absolutely nothing. They do not return phone calls/e-mails, cancelled an appointment when one was arranged, were not too happy when I visited them at their office and whenever contact has been made they have promised everything and delivered zero or have taken being equivocal with the facts/truth to a new level. They also have a vast plethora of excuses...
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you would like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Am I able to get my money back from this company (Final Demand Ltd.) as they have not done anything and use it to take action against SJH Welding for the manufacture/supply of sub-standard goods..?

How much have you paid to them please?, either company?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I paid £1800 to final demand and paid £2520.00 last August for a professional painter/decorator to resolve the problem...

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund to each firm within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.