How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have been asked to work as a locum doctor in a hospital with

This answer was rated:

I have been asked to work as a locum doctor in a hospital with a very short notice and with a verbal agreement.
Trust was not an issue as I have worked there for more than 2 years.
Unfortunately from October 2014 that I have worked those 3 shifts I have contacted the local managers in order to get payed but unfortunately they find always some kind of excuse in order to delay the payment.
The verbal offer was done by the consultant on call and I was offered more money than the usual rate.
Not only they have not payed but also claiming that they can not pay the amount I was initially offered because the consultant in question was not authorised to close the deal. Is there any way I can claim my fee?
Many thanks
Dr M
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do they accept that you were instructed on the original basis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes they do.

I have various mails from various managers instructing each other to send me documents to sign and or to make the payment. Of course with a different rate that verbally agreed. I would like to add that I was never send any documents in regard.

Ok. Then it makes no difference whether they were authorised. They are liable for your fees.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.