How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Good afternoon, my 70 year old father suffered a stroke last

Customer Question

Good afternoon, my 70 year old father suffered a stroke last year that has left him incapable of looking after his own affairs. He now lives at home with 24 hour care supplied from the NHS and also has my mother as a full time carer. As there wasn't POW in place we have had to get a Deputyship order from the COP to look after his affair's. Before his stroke he was actively farming on a small arable farm so I am currently managing this business. What I would like to do is invest in the business and try some diversification to make the business more profitable and be able to support my family. My question is do I need to protect myself should my father be taken into state care? My concern is that if I invest all my money into the business could I lose it all if the present situation changes and my mother was unable to continue caring for him at home? Our long term plan is to gain planning permission to build a dwelling with a 'self contained' annex with all the facilities to be able to assist in the care of my father (and mother if the need arose). Thanks Kevin XXXXXXXXXX

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning Nicola,

If I cancel my request do I get my money back?



Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Kevin,
Yes, we refund on request - please confirm if you would like me to do this.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Nikki

Please send me a refund

Many thanks