How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6466
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

I am being told by the manufacturer of my Fridge freezer which

This answer was rated:

I am being told by the manufacturer of my Fridge freezer which is 6 months out of warranty--that If I make a claim for NOT SUITABLE FOR PURPOSE that I have to contact the Supplier Currys is this correct
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
This is correct, it is the retailer that is responsible under the Sale of Goods Act not the manufacturer.
You should contact Currys , the retailer about this. If the manufacturer has said they agree it is not fit for purpose it will be hard for the retailer to escape liability for this.
If you have any further questions please ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The manufacturer has not agreed that the fridge freezer dispenser design within the door Is not it for purpose---how will this sit with Currys

Sorry I thought you said they have.
It doesn't make a difference other than Currys may dispute your claim.
It is still Curry's that is responsible under the Sale of Goods Act in the event of a dispute.
You should approach Curry's with the problem and if they do not present you with an adequate solution then you can consider action under the Act.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok---If Currys do not satisfy me with the answer I am looking for,.what are the likely costs for me if I consider action and lose

The costs of issuing small claims are set out on the following link
If you issue the claim and lose then Curry's can claim their legal costs. It is unlikely that this will be much as it is a fairly standard issue. I cannot tell you how much they would be in total.
You are not at this stage yet though. They will probably come up with a solution if you raise a complaint under the Act. You can also lodge your complaint with trading standards and get a reference number to use in your correspondence with them. This sometimes helps them to realise you mean business.
I would be grateful if you would now take the time to rate my answer. I will be happy to answer your follow on questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok Thanks for the info

No problem, all the best with this. Please do remember to rate my answer as I am not otherwise credited for my time.
Thank you and all the best.
Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you