How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Am a UK resident (London) with a NZ licence (forgot

This answer was rated:

Am a UK resident (London) with a NZ licence (forgot to exchange for a UK one and am outside the 12mth limit (NZ licence is valid). My partner hired a car in Scotland (she is Scottish and has a full valid UK licence), with me as a named driver.
Got flashed by a mobile police speed camera (NIP passed on from the hire company addressed to her), doing 71 in a 60 zone (I had been overtaking and was slowing down). I was driving - what offences and likely penalties am I up for?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For the speeding offence probably 3 points and a fine. For the not changing the licence just a fine.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex,

Better than expected!

Is there any additional issue around insurance on the vehicle (with me driving of course).

Any ideas on the level of the fine(s)


No, if you were insured and you are entitled to drive then you are ok.
Does that help?
Ash and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.