How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12188
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am a UK registered sex offender and have been asked by an

This answer was rated:

I am a UK registered sex offender and have been asked by an international company to do work for them in various countries. What are the restrictions on my international travel?
Thank you for your question.
If you are currently released on licence the standard conditions of your licence will prohibit any foreign travel
If you are not on licence, you have to tell the police in advance with details of travel plans (dates, times and numbers of flights and where you are going). If the police are concerned that your travel may be connected to offending, they may ask the court for an order banning you from foreign travel.
That is the UK side of things. You would of course have to check with the countries you intend to travel to whether they would grant you entry as a sex offender.
I hope that helps. Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your response.

My situation is that I received a community rather than a custodial sentence and am currently on probation.

I need to know if I would be allowed into other EU countries and into the USA.

The countries you would be allowed into is not a matter of UK law and is, therefore, not answerable on this UK law forum. You would have to go to experts in the U.S. and the countries in the EU you want to travel to for specific advice.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you