LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Can the police use images from an average speed camera

hello can the police use images from an average speed camera to identify and driver ?
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
Yes they can.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks - so can they use evidence from and different camera, ie if I was caught by a fixed rear facing camera, but was concerned they may use evidence from a different average speed camera further up the same road

They can use evidence from any camera.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** question if I could please, if the identity of the driver has been given on the NIP, under what circumstances would the police want to investigate if this was true not...

If they have reason to suspect that the wrong driver details have been given they may decide to investigate. There would normally need to be a suspicion to trigger an investigation.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

last question I promise....if the registered owner had 9 points would that be a reason to trigger suspicion in your opinion ?

Probably not on it's own.