How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6428
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

I have done refurbishment in the house in 2013. And

This answer was rated:

I have done refurbishment in the house in 2013. And construction company is refusing to give me copies of the invoices.
What shall I do?
Thank you
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. what do you need the invoices for and why are they refusing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We want to keep for our records. All the payment went through our PA.We lost all the track of the payments and we need to clarify.

They only asking us why do we need invoices, thats all.

It is strange that they will not provide copy invoices as this is something they should be able to assist you with.
I would explain the reason that you need them and say you are prepared to pay postage charges etc or you can receive them via email.
If they continue to refuse there will not be much you can do about it.
Your PA should really have kept copies of them for your records.
If you have any further questions please ask. If I have answered your questions I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can report the company to the trading standards?

Did they supply invoices originally? or are they just lost?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We never had all of them and our PA are no longer with us.

By low shouldnt they keep invoices for 7 years?

We spent a lot of money and we want to check against our bank account

To be clear are you saying they were never sent to your PA? If they were sent to your PA then they are not breaking any rules by failing to send copies.
If they never sent original versions then you can report them to Trading Standards as suggested.
They should keep invoices but are not legally obliged to send copies if you have already been sent them.
Honestly though, I think a phone call to explain the predicament may be enough to resolve this, say you are prepared to pay printing and postage costs for the copies.
Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you