If convicted of a motoring offence how long do you have to

if convicted of a motoring offence how long do you have to appeal?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes - I was convicted recently in my absence of a driving offence.

I intended to challenge the offence however the court had re listed the event without giving me the opportunity of dates to avoid - I explained this to them on Three occasions.

The email address they gave me did not work and they admitted they had some trouble with it..

I phoned them on the day of the trail and still they went ahead and convicted.

I now want to challenge the "listing" so that if re-convicted I would still have the right of appeal?

is there an expiry of how long I have?

You can always apply for it to be reopened but quite frankly I wouldn't waste your time. The court will not agree. I'm afraid they will not find this an acceptable explanation for not attending.
You do have a right of appeal within 21 days of sentence though to the Crown Court which is automatic.
You need to serve notice within 21 days though.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Out of interest and I appreciate its not probably been done - is there anything stopping Suing the court itself (listing department) for damages?

Not on these facts. They have done nothing unlawful I'm afraid.