How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Im speaking on behalf of a friend who had his house repossessed

Customer Question

Im speaking on behalf of a friend who had his house repossessed in August 2014.
Personally I think the mortgage people acted unfairly towards the man concerned.
He was behind with his payments but got them down from 12k to 4k in a matter of 2 yrs.He was hospitalised and off work for 2yrs and the mortgage people were advised not to harrass him because of his condition.8K in arrears but started to work and struggled to make payments put paid something every month. He therefore rented his house out and the first tenants only made one payment in 4 months. He therefor took another tenant who never made one payment in the 5 months she was there.9k in arrears he was given 3 to 4 weeks notice and he offered to move back in with his 10yr old son but they wouldnt agree to anything. He was at the time homeless due to leaving his wife (not the mother of his child)He had no fight left in him at the time. What I want to know is were the mortgage people within their rights to do this. This man has moved on in his life but is still struggling with working as a taxi driver as the money is not very good
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you want to achieve please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Im not sure but I think this man was treated badly. He spent £30k improving this house as it was his family home. It so sad to see what he has been through. Maybe some compensation. I wish he could have his house back but that is not possible. He offered to pay what he could but they would not listen. He could have lived in his own house and got by but he was homeless and eventually given a flea ridden flat. He now has a permanent home. I know he is still struggling with the fact he lost his wife, his home and the fact that the mother of his child did not want the child. He is a single parent doing the best he can

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Ok. He needs to write formally to the lender and complain. They will investigate the matter and report back to you. If you are unhappy with that response then he can go to the ombudsman.
They offer a free, independent service and can investigate his complaint at,
They can see if he has been mistreated and recommend compensation.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.