How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71128
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I might be getting charged with a crime that is likely

This answer was rated:

Hi, I might be getting charged with a crime that is likely to go to the crown court. I am currently on unconditional bail. What I want to know is, if I move , will I likely be sent to the crown court nearest to my new address.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
No, I am sorry.
It will be committed to the nearest crown court from the Magistrates court covering the area in which the offence was said to have been committed. It is listed for ease of the prosecution rather than the defendant I'm afraid.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, what if I moved before it went to the magistrates court?Also if I moved to a new address, would this new address be named in the media or would they mention my original address?
It wouldn't make any difference.
The issue is where the crime was committed.
They will need your new address and you may be on a condition of residence.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Would the media be able to mention the original address even though I wouldn't be living there anymore.
Yes, they could but they won't do that. They would have no reason to do so.