How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have owned my kitchen extension than 20 years Planning/Buil

Customer Question

I have owned my kitchen extension for more than 20 years Planning/Building Regulations approval given to previous owners. At that time the adjacent property belonged to the Council. Three families have since occupied the adjacent property, One Council and two Private. It was, for more than 15 years, recognised that the kitchen stood on my land. Now the current owner claims my kitchen wall ( one metre out from the my original house wall) is a Party wall and they are drilling into it, fixing electric cable to it and growing shrubbery higher than the guttering. We are semi detached and never had any problems with the adjoining property. However all the work being carried out on our kitchen wall and the assertion, from the adjacent property that it is their wall as much as our, is very worrying.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Have they served you with a party wall notice?
Have you established that the wall is either in or on your perimeter?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Party wall notice NOT served. Not yet established the perimeter. If I had the problem would much easier! The Council owned the adjacent property at the time the kitchen was built planning & Building Regs fully approved by the same council. Not likely approval would have been given for encroachment on their own property. However, I am investigating.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Ok Waiting, but not very helpful. so far. I realise the complexities & thanks again.


Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,