How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am a separated father with Parental Responsibility. I have

Customer Question

My girlfriend has two children, a girl and boy. Their father is separated and has legal Parental Responsibility. He sees the children once a week. The children live with their mother.

My girlfriend refuses to feed the children according to his religious beliefs (specifically 'Halal meat' and 'No pork'). Does he have the legal right to enforce upon them the dietary dictates of his religion (muslim), or, can he simply offer his opinion and the mother has the final word on their diet.

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, cam you cancel my question please.

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Ho wold are the children and what religion are they being raised in?