How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35067
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My son and his wife are divorcing. They have 2 young children.

Customer Question

My son and his wife are divorcing. They have 2 young children. She is having an affair but, to speed the process, he is about to agree blame for "unreasonable behaviour" because she refuses to have her adultery registered as formal ground for divorce.
In the future will his "admission of blame" affect in any way his rights in regard to the children and will it impact the division of property?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I emailed yesterday to request a refund because a) I had received no response and b) that I could not access the site to set up a password.

I still require a refund to be credited to my Paypal account.

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Provided none of the allegations involve abuse of the children then the grounds used will have no effect whatsoever on any issues regarding the children,
Equally unless the allegations suggest that he has squandered family capital on gambling then it will not effect the financial settlement either.
Of course even if his ex will not agree adultery - he could still divorce her on the basis of HER Unreasonable Behaviour
Please ask if you need further details