How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son is the leaseholder of a flat. His flat has suffered

Customer Question

My son is the leaseholder of a flat. His flat has suffered considerable water damage from the flat above. The management company told him he would have to deal with the insurers direct. The insurers have told my son he must pay two excess sums of £500 totalling £1000 as the leaks occurred 4 days apart. neither my sons lease, nor the insurance certificate given to him by Zurich mention payment of any excess. The leaseholder association adviser said it was most unusual for a management company not to handle problems such as this and that normally the service charge is altered to redistribute the excess of any insurance claim among all the leaseholders under the benefit and burden provision. Please can you advise my what my son should do? At present he is arranging with the insurance company to have the damage repaired but it seems very unfair that he has to pay all the excess himself and for it to be charged twice
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for letting me know. If I cancel my question can I have my money refunded please?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Yes, we refund on request - please confirm and I will process it for you.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you- I would like you to refund my money. I understand that the question is complicated- I just hoped that you would be able to find out the information that I am still struggling to find.