How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My partner of 19 years and I have separated, his sole name

This answer was rated:

My partner of 19 years and I have separated, his sole name is ***** ***** mortgage but he has agreed to sign it over to me if I can raise the funds, there is 100k in equity in the house with a remaining balance of 77k on the mortgage He would like 130k to buy him out. I earn £32,000 do you think I am going to be able to do this?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How has the house purchase been financed in the past?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My partner paid the mortgage I have paid all other bills

Are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No children

Just doe clarity.
The house is worth £180,000 and the outstanding mortgage is £77,000
Your partner has said he will accept £50,000 in settlement - provided you can also get him released from the mortgage.
Is that correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes Clare, At the moment it is all pretty amicable.

Have you spoken to a mortgage advisor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not yet, This is all a bit new to me, I didn't expect to have to worry about this sort of thing so it has all come as a bit of a shock.

Your staring point is to speak to a mortgage advisor who will look at your income and expenditure to see what can be done.
It would be a stretch - but if your Credit record is good and your other debts and minimal it should be possible
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you