I booked a transport company to move some boxes and items of

I booked a transport company to move some boxes and items of furniture for me via a third party website whereby users post their job and transport providers bid / send quotes.
After conversing with a company who offered a quote for the job via the messaging feature on the site I accepted their bid. I subsequently had to cancel due to circumstances changing (three days before the pick up).
The are attempting to charge a cancelation fee of 50% of the cost of the job.
They advised me that this is as per their terms and conditions. I had not read the terms and conditions. The thing is there t&c's are written on their profile which does not automatically come up nor are you directed to it at any point - when you see their quote, when messaging them, when accepting the quote - you do not land upon the area of the site where these terms are listed. No mention was made when talking to the provider before accepting the quote nor was I in anyway directed to them.
They are also claiming additional charges and late fees will be added if not paid in 7 days. No mention of that is made even if you do manage to find these elusive terms and conditions.
I would like to understand my liberality here. The amount of money is very small it's the principle that bothers me.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How long after you booked did you try and cancel?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex,

The job was book on Tuesday the 14th then cancelled on Sunday the 19th.

Ok. Then the law says you have 14 days to cancel any online contract. They can't charge you any fees or make you pay any sum. You have a cooling off period which they must comply with. This is the law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much.

Can I just ask one final question - can you give me the name of the relevant legislation or regulations that covers this. Thank you very much.

The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry to be a pain but the reason I asked is I have read some info about this on-line this morning and in a few different places giving advice about this it seems to list the transport of goods as being exempt from this right to cancel - have I got the wrong end of the stick. Sorry I just want to be absolutely sure.

Yes. That is for example a courier etc, this is a transport co removing boxes, furniture etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for the clarification - just got a little confused.

Thanks again.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.