How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 823
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

Good Morning All, recently my solicitors was taken over by

This answer was rated:

Good Morning All, recently my solicitors was taken over by a bigger firm who have previously advised my opponent (although they do not represent him now). I have paid on going fees for the last 12 month while my case was being prepared. I am now being told they can't represent me any longer. The solicitor acting for me no longer works at either firm. Where can I go with ??
Kind Regards Peter
Hello, I am a lawyer with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
The merged law firm will need to stop acting for you because they have a clear potential (at least) conflict of interest.
You will need to find a new firm. There is no reason why you can not instruct your old solicitor if you can find him. In fact to ensure continuity and avoid duplication it might be a good idea. Don't the firm know where he is? You can try this link to try and trace him. You can search by individual solicitors' name
I hope I have answered your question but please ask further questions if you need more information.
LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you