How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am tenant in common and now own two thirds as my parents

This answer was rated:

I am tenant in common and now own two thirds as my parents died, who left a third to my brother. Can I be forced to sell or buy him out? I am on the deeds.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that unless your parents made the gift conditional on your being able to remain in the property for so long as you wish then yes as a Joint Owner of the Property your brother can apply to the ocurt for an Order for sale - which will be granted
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you