How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

How's things I was doing 102 mph on my way back from work

Customer Question

Hi how's things I was doing 102 mph on my way back from work I got caught and pulled over , the policeman did say thattheconditions were fine and the road was quiet but he couldn't tell me if I would be banned or not , if I was banned even for a short period I would be sacked from my job , I have a clean licence what should I do , this was in Scotland
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
The Court does have a discretion to either disqualify you or give you points. Assuming you have no points on your licence they can give you a ban for up to 2 months or 6 points.
So yes you can be given points instead and if you plead guilty, show remorse, your clean driving licence then I would hope you would be given points. But it is up to the Court.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.