LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425
Law

My sister in law as just died leaving me next of kin due to

augment with family they dont... Show More
augment with family they dont want to know ,Can you tell me is this legel and what are my rights concerning her property.She as left no will and it is only a verbel agrreement.
Show Less
Hello, I am a lawyer with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
Designating you as next of kin will make no difference to how her assets are divided up. In the absence of a will they will be divided up according to a set formula among her family members.
See this link for details.
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/relationships/death-and-wills/who-can-inherit-if-there-is-no-will-the-rules-of-intestacy/
I hoe this answers your question but if you need more help then please let me know.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

i am talking about how i deal with furniture can i sell it to help to pay for funeral and can my sons act on my behalf as i am disabled.

In the absence of a will then in order to administer the will if none of the closer relatives who would be entitled to do it ahead of you wants to then you can apply for permission to act as administrator.