How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 823
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now
This answer was rated:

My sister in law as just died leaving me next of kin due to

augment with family they dont... Show More
augment with family they dont want to know ,Can you tell me is this legel and what are my rights concerning her property.She as left no will and it is only a verbel agrreement.
Show Less
Ask Your Own Law Question
Hello, I am a lawyer with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
Designating you as next of kin will make no difference to how her assets are divided up. In the absence of a will they will be divided up according to a set formula among her family members.
See this link for details.
I hoe this answers your question but if you need more help then please let me know.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

i am talking about how i deal with furniture can i sell it to help to pay for funeral and can my sons act on my behalf as i am disabled.

In the absence of a will then in order to administer the will if none of the closer relatives who would be entitled to do it ahead of you wants to then you can apply for permission to act as administrator.