How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

IF an environmental search is done when

Customer Question

IF an environmental search is done when purchasing a property for the next 10 years and shows no building works to be made. How do we stand legally when we now find building works are now being carried out for the next few years, relating inhundreds of homes in our are..Some homeowners have only just moved into the area, we have been here 4 years. Can we seek compensatjon from the local council? I welcome your advice. Thankyou Mrs. S. XXXXXXXXX

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Could you clarify when planning permission for this Development was granted? Was it in last few months or so?

Kind Regards


Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Al

sorry for the delay in answering, my computer and phone has been down. Planning permission has been granted in the last few months with more building works to be carried out after this project, totalling 1200 new homes in the area.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Already replied

Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hi Susan,

Could you just confirm that you purchased your property some 4 years ago, but planning permission for the nearby Development has only been issued a few months ago?

If so, on what grounds do you think you should be entitled to claim compensation?

Kind Regards