How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My wife runs a small business and has paid a supplier a

This answer was rated:

Hi my wife runs a small business and has paid a supplier a deposit of 12,000:00 for a water treadmill. She was promised the machine in August but has now been told this will not be the case, the supplier has also stated that the machine will be delivered when it is ready but will not confirm a date. My wife now wishes to use an alternative supplier as they can supply the product within the timeframe required and wants her deposit back but the original supplier is refusing to refund her deposit. Her business will suffer without the treadmill being installed. How does she stand legally with regard to the refund of the deposit please? Thank you. Tony Edis
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** to losses I take it this means the deposit paid and any costs regarding advertising the product. If this goes to court will she be able to claim any legal costs related to this?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.