How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

My late husband has left money in his will to grandchildren

This answer was rated:

My late husband has left money in his will to grandchildren in USA to be held in trust until they reach the age of 18. I have no idea how to do this. Please can you tell me where to start?
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
If you are the executor and trustee, then details of the trust should be set out in the will together with the powers of the trustees. You should look at this. Generally you will need to keep the money separate and safe for the children and abide by the terms set out in the will.
It may be sensible to obtain legal advice in the orthodox face to face way about this.
LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you