How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6466
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

I am a senior executive in a distribution company and have

This answer was rated:

i am a senior executive in a distribution company and have been persistently verbally abised and bullied by the Chairman. This became intolerable last week with a prolonged and sustained attack. I fekt ill for three days and unable to face the Chaurman in his office. I do not know how much longer I can continue to go to work.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked for the employer for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
14 years
Have you raised a grievance about the bullying conduct yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just with the MD
Verbally not in writing
Ultimately you do not have to put up with bullying and intimidating conduct at work. If this continues and it affects your health you may be able to resign and claim constructive dismissal.
However before a tribunal would consider a claim of this nature you need to have exhausted internal grievance processes.
I would therefore advise you to put a grievance in writing setting out in as much detail as possible the bulling conduct, giving times and dates if possible.
You should state in the grievance that you consider that this amounts to a breach of trust and confidence and a breach of the employers duty to care for your health and safety.
You should state that if this does not stop then you will have no alternative but to resign and claim constructive dismissal.
Hopefully this will lead the employer to take action and to reassure you and for the bullying to stop
If it does not then you can consider whether you want to resign and to bring a claim.
If you have any further questions please do ask.If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you