How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6464
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

My Grandaughter & Husband , borrowed £2000 from me 2 years

This answer was rated:

My Grandaughter & Husband , borrowed £2000 from me 2 years ago , promised to pay me back . I have a signed letter stating they would pay me backat £178.oo per month . One payment was payed but i have received no more payments . How can i retrieve the rest of my money ? i am an OAP and am really worried about this .
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Ultimately, if you have to , you will be able to recover this money in the small claims court. They are in breach of contract if they fail to repay you.
You should tell them this and see if they repay.
If they fail to do so I would then send them a 'letter before action' to say that as they have not repaid you you need to take action to recover the money and if they do not pay you back within 14 days you will have no alternative but to raise a claim.
You will be able to do so online using the form you will find at
If you have any further questions please ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hello is there anything further you would like to know about this as I note you have not yet rated my answer?