How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Joint tenancy on council house years with abusive

Customer Question

joint tenancy on council house for four years with abusive partner could not get out of relationship as no where to go father won lottery so has bought me a house she I pushing me to let her come if I did would I then have the right to put her out as it is my house only if she gave up the council house we both shared she bought nothing in the way of furniture or white goods as I had bought most of it before meeting her have kept receipts for any new items bought she does work what are my rights now as the house is now in my name only bought outright from father will take my name of council tenancy shortly so it will be in her name only am scared to do it to soon as if she thinks she is not coming with me her temper will lead her to smash everything she can including me she is on a charge at the momentfor assaulting me and vandalizinghouse
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are you married to each other and are there any children involved?
Is there any reason why you cannot simply move out immediately