How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have split from my partner of 10 years. We have a free

Customer Question

Hi. I have split from my partner of 10 years. We have a free hold house together. We have made declaration of trust where we are to pay half of the mortgage each. For the past 2 and a bit years I have paid the mortgage and bills because he has not earnt any money. He still does not pay anything. The house is for sale. I would like to know where I stand legally and what I can do?
Kind regards Lis
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Too much privat information. I am not happy to not get an answer and at that long after asking. I have in the min time found the answer for myself and for free.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
I hope all goes well for you and that you are able to recover the money that you have overpaid from the sale proceeds