How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have sold the share of our free hold house to my ex partner

Customer Question

Hi, I have sold the share of our free hold house to my ex partner we have signed a contract with the solicitor which stipulated that he was due to remortgage on his sole name with the bank the part borowed. The contract stipulate that this should be done in a "decent" time and we verbally agreed that it would be done within 3month. Now it has been almost 2 years and he has been dragging the time and been refused for mortgage several times and stop trying and he is completely now ignoring me and there is no more communication. What can I do to get out of this mortgage from te bank which is for a property I now technically do not own anymore?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Did you receive legal advice when you signed the documentation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I did not Clare, I just read the contract with their solicitors and ask what "reasonnable time to find a mortgage" meant and I signed it went it was clarified that 3 to 6months was what's considered normally as reasonnable time. Got the payment agreed for my share of house (even if the numbers there were split into different category such as furnitures etc... ) and I understood that they were trying to save in stamp duty or some kind of tax there but as the total was what we've agreed I just tried to make it nice and easy and left it as it was. I signed everything over and the Cheque was then given to me. All of this happened fairly quickly.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a copy of the agreement that you signed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I do. Shall I scan and send it? Not sure how I can attach anything on justanswer though?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
I shall ask customer services to assist you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not received any information on how to send over the documents?