How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Alex.I am trying to find answers to my questions regarding purchasi

Customer Question

Hi Alex.
I am trying to find answers to my questions regarding purchasing property in the UK. I am a South African National. Do I need a Special Visa other than a Visitors Visa? Also how do I know if the company I am dealing with is a reputable company that is not going to disappear with my money? ""
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
You do not need a special visa to purchase property in the UK. There is no restriction on foreigners owning property in the UK.
You may use any UK estate agent to find a UK property to purchase, a reputable website is
You do not need to use the website which you mentioned.
Hope this helps