How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

ClareI hope you are well and remember me from my

This answer was rated:

Hello Clare
I hope you are well and remember me from my previous questions.
My ex husband have been seeing the children at the contact centre since January 2015. I made the effort to be at the contact with the children on each occasion, even when he was difficult and abusive towards me.
The Cafcass report under section 7 is still ongoing.
My ex husband now stopped paying any child maintenance and when the CSA query him about it, he said we were all leaving the country with him. Which is untrue, of course. CSA told me to have put a tracker on him and will keep me inform accordingly.
My budget is now down by more than 400 pounds every month. I am a full time student and heavily rely on my student loans for us to basically survived. It takes me 8 trips of 20 minutes each month to attend the contact centre. Although I understand child maintenance and child contact are separate issues, I just cannot financially keep up. I have to pay for everything for myself and the children, and I feel that it is fair if he was to understand that and do his part.
How can I approach the situation? Because I simply cannot afford it, if he is been this unreasonable.
Thank you
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Just to check - you do not stay in the Room during contact do you?
What steps are the CSA taking to enforce the maintenance assessment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare
I do not stay in the room, no. I have to leave the children , and go and come back in two hours time.
The CSA told me to have formally written to my ex requesting some information about his new job, but that he has not replied to them. On July 17th 2015 she told me they have placed a tracker on him, but that it could take a couple of months before they can know anything.
I see
Do you know anything about his work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Clare
No, I do not know anything about his work. I know he is working.
The cafcass officer called me saying my ex husband emailed her saying he was moving to France. She asked if I knew anything about it, I say no.
You need to write to the CSA rather than continuing to deal with them by the telephone - it is too easy for them to tell you different things each time.
You need to write and complain about their failure to enforce the Order.
With regard to the Contact you cannot breach the Order - but you can ask for the travel costs for travelling to the Contact.
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks you Clare
That is really helpful.
You are most welcome I hope all goes well