How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35050
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My Great granddaughter lives with my daughter Esmie my great

This answer was rated:

My Great granddaughter lives with my daughter Esmie my great granddaughter is 10 years of age we have always had a very close relationship but owing with problems that her mother had she was given to my daughter.
My daughter and I had a disagreement and through this she has stopped me seeing Esmie or having any contact with her this is breaking my heart is there anything I can do I have tried speaking to my daughter she just ignores me and won't answer my emails I have no money to go to court as I am a widow am 75 years old and live on my pension
Thank you *****
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When did you last see the child and who has placed her with her grand mother?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

November 2014 she was placed with her Grandmother through the Court although Social Services were involved I think they were given grandparents guardianship or something like that they have now stopped Esmie seeing her father whom she misses her grandmother also she will only let her see her Mother on the very odd occasion she has stopped her phoning her and she has told Nattallia (her Mother) that she is not allowed to mention me if she does she will never see Esmie again she has taken complete control and we don't seem to be able to do anything about it

Before November how often did you see her?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Every month sometimes more she often came and stayed with me when she lived with her Mother also on October 2014 I paid £8000 to take her to Disney World I loaned my daughters husband Alec Withers £8000 to pay fares etc my limit was
£5000 but they refuse to give me any money back that's another reason they won't let me see her that was my life savings
You are entitled to apply to the Court for permission to apply for a Child Arrangement Order giving you ocntact with the child.
Since you have an existing close relationship with the child it is likely that the Court will both give you permission and grant you some form of Contact.
The starting point is to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting with a local Family Mediator.
If that fails then you can make the application to the court.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you