How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

I have been in touch with police and have noise monitoring

This answer was rated:

i have been in touch with police and have noise monitoring equipment from council in my home i am now thinking of selling do i have declare this to the estate agent
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Do you mean you have a noise problem with your neighbour?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry yes it is

There is no legal requirement to tell the estate agent about noisy neighbours but when you have a buyer they may ask about problem neighbours and, if that question is asked, you should disclose the information as failure to do so could amount to a breach of contract. From a practical point of view, you should let the estate agent find a buyer - disclosing noisy neighbours too early might stop that from happening. Once a buyer has been secured you can speak to your conveyancer about the problem and then decide whether the problem is one that has to be disclosed; remembering that whilst you may find the neighbours a problem others might not.
Alice H and other Law Specialists are ready to help you