How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

FRAUDI am a defendant (LiP) in a civil claim riddled with

Customer Question

I am a defendant (LiP) in a civil claim riddled with irregularities and fraudulent evidence of a bogus witness. I highlighted the fraudulent evidence to the court and even the Attorney General (AG). The court has not taken this seriously (due to the other side’s tactical interventions – they are represented) and the AG directed me to the police. The Claimant has obtained judgment and numerous orders in their favour based on this fraudulent evidence.
This fraudulent evidence derives out of a material witness statement (in support of the claimant) drafted by the solicitor of the claimant for an overseas based witness. The Judge at the initial hearing stated that he found the witness to be credible and reputable and his decision in the claimant’s favour was based on this supposed credibility. This bogus witness never appeared in court and when I requested proof of his ID, the other side blocked this request by relying on legal professional privilege.
Thorough private investigations have revealed that this named witness does not exist. Law enforcement in that country state that they can only assist if they receive the necessary request from the police here.
All my applications to highlight the fraud have not been successful. I reported the fraud to the police since 2014 and due to jurisdictional delays, they have only just started looking into the report.
I am looking for a way to end this mess.
An investigator from that country (purported location of bogus witness) suggested that I should refer the matter urgently to the magistrates.
1. Do I press on with the police or is there a single application I could make to the court?
2. Is the Magistrates option viable?
Many thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
1. You can make an application to Court for specific disclosure of documents. If there are documents you want you can ask the Court to order these.
2. Its a civil matter, nothing to do with the Magistrates Court.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your response Alex, but I am somehow confused as I made a specific request for Jo C. Barrister
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
I see. I am a Civil Litigation Solicitor and deal with County Court civil matters all the time. I think Jo is crime.
Is there anything else you would like to ask me about your question today?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I appreciate that. This is a criminal matter within civil proceedings hence my request for Jo.
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Sadly this is nothing to do with the Magistrates Court and you can ask the Court to Order specific disclosure.
I hope that helps?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A crime has been committed within proceedings. Judgment and multiple orders have been obtained by criminal means. Can I be transferred to Jo please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Alex, can you transfer me to Jo please...