How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am a leaseholder we had a problem with damp on the gable

This answer was rated:

I am a leaseholder we had a problem with damp on the gable end wall i contacted the land lord they said it was condensation not happy with reply i had a survey done the report had several defects one is the pebble dash as become porous and is absorbing water i contacted the landlord the building manger came to inspect the property they did a miner repair on the bells above the windows and nothing else i sent a letter to the landlord on the 25 of may 2015 up to now i have had no reply i am thinking of withholding the service charges until they do the repairs or a explanation why they are not prepared to carry out the repairs i cannot really afford to hire a a solicitor as i am a pensioner hope you can give me some advice
yours Sincerely ***** ***** K
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i will wait a little longer all i can add to the message is that the the land lord is responsible for the structure of the building and with not doing the repairs they may have breach the lease

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
For now please let me know the cost of repairs please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cannot put a price on the repairs to do a complete repair on the pebble dash about £2000 to put water seal on the external walls about £180 if they have breach the lease what can i do it was April when i sent the last letter no reply no repairs

You need to write and set out your losses and request they do the work of a refund of the cost within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you