How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Question Is 2 fold.Divorced 2014, agreed matrimonial home

Customer Question

Question Is 2 fold.
Divorced 2014, agreed matrimonial home to be sold. In April I signed agreed price and received no further information. Informed last week (24th) that a completion date would be 31st July.
1. Can I delibertly delay signing the contract until other divorce issues are resolved or can court proceedings be issued immediately to have the Master approve sale?
2. I am a joint owner of the land (given to me in the divorce) which the septic tank is in.
Q Does both owners need to sign Grant of easement.
Rather than sort the issues I have requested I have been threatened with court proceedings
The reason I ask is if forced to sign House contract Immediately can I delay with easement In addition due to work etc I would not be in a position to have my property all removed from the former home.
Any suggestions
I know it all sounds bad but its all a last resort to allow me decent child access.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
If you do not sign ALL the necessary paperwork in good time then your ex can make an urgent applictaion to the court and I am afraid that you will then end up paying costs as well
I am sorry - but this is not a good way of solving the other problems
Please ask if you need further details