How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Gift some of my garden to my daughter to build her

Customer Question

Hi ***** gift some of my garden to my daughter to build her home and how do I do. Will she get a large tax bill. What are the tax implications
Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
It depends on the size.
The permitted area is set at 0.5 hectares so where the area of garden and grounds, inclusive of the site of the dwelling house, does not exceed 0.5 hectares, relief is automatically available for any full or part disposal of the property.
More than this then you will have to pay tax.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?