How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34903
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Divorce and financial matters

Customer Question

Hello, My wife started a Divorce on August 29th 2014. I defended myself. The Judge granted the Decree nisi (my wife was an Applicant) on 12th May 2015 . After my wife's solicitors email we both agreed to do Voluntary Mutual disclosure. Before we even clarify the date I received a Letter of the Wrexham Family court - A Notice of the First appointment, Notice of Response To First appointment and Notice of Intention to proceed with an application for a Financial order. Q: Should I apply to the Court with Form A as well? I have to fill in Form E and I have several questions: 1. We both own 50% sharers of a Bulgarian company which has been set regarding the Bulgarian Law. There is a house - an asset of the above mentioned Bulgarian company. Can the Court decide a Property Adjustment Order for a Property which is an asset of a company out of UK? I would like to know do I have to fill info about this property in the Form E ( Section 2.1). Where and what information should I provide to the Court about the Company? 2. I have QROPS Pension in an offshore company abroad. What documents should I provide with Form E? Is the QRPOPS pension a subject of any Pension Order? 3. We both agrreed to do a Voluntary Mutual Disclosure. My wife has been represented by a solisitor. As soon as I engaged a solisitor they ignored any of my solicitor's emails and they went directly to the Court. Is that possible and should I inform the Court? 4. Because I live in Bulgaria, should I attend the First appointment –28th of September? How can I ask the Judge to allow me not to attend and is this good for me? Thank you in advance

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are there any assets in the Uk?
Is the property owned by the Company in the UK or in Bulgaria?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


No, I have not any assets in the UK.

The property owned by the Company is in Bulgaria.

Just to clarify that I still live in Bulgaria, my wife lives in UK and she started the divorce in UK.

Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.


No, I have not any asset in UK.

Yes, the property owned by the company is in Bulgaria.

Just to clarify that I still live in Bulgaria and my ex-wife lives in the UK. She started the divorce in UK.

Thank you iun advance.

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Since you are both Shareholders in the company the Uk Court can indeed deal with the Bulgarian property and you must give full details on the Form E
The house details do not go in 2.1 - the Company details go in 2.11 and the house is an asset of the company.
You may wish to explain this in 4.5
You shoudl give full details of the value of the Pension
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details