How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12089
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Kilmarnock court have written out to me to confirm that , they

This answer was rated:

Kilmarnock court have written out to me to confirm that , they have no records on their systems dealing with his deceased accounts at that address. And they have said that I'll maybe need to get an independent solicitor involved ! Let me know where I stand concerning my poor deceased fathers estate if I have proof of birth certificates etc , I.e bank balance mortgage?
Thank you for your question.
If there is no will the procedure is that you lodge a Petition with the court to be appointed executor dative. You can then write to banks and insurance companies to find out what your father had. You can then apply for Confirmation and I gather the estate and distribute it in accordance with the law.
You will need a solicitor and, whilst experts on JustAnswer aren't allowed to make recommendations, you can go to for a recommendation.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you