How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I keith the brother Gillian my sister we own a house together.Keith

Customer Question

I keith the brother Gillian my sister we own a house together.Keith is married can I bring my wife in to live with me
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Could you explain a little more about the background to your question please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We own the house in equal share.It was a council house purchased under the right to buy,by mother father, sister and myself.We both have been in house since birth.I am married I want my wife to live with me, she has said no body is coming into my home.When she talks its in a way the house is hers.Also she is thinking if I move out I still have to pay towards bills.she asked me.How can I run two homes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She does not believe I am married. I have cert.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding n any loans
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
owned I am asking can wife live with me in 50 50 house sister no advisers say yes
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
I no that you and your sister own the property.
You are entitled to have any guests visit you - and stay with you - including your wife so long as you are in the property.
However if you are not in the property but your sister is then she can insist that your wife leaves the house until you return
You need to tell your sister that if your wife (or partner) is not allowed to live with you then you will get a court order to force the sale of the property.
Please ask if you need further details