How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34888
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I want to divorce my vindictive wife and want to know if

This answer was rated:

Hi i want to divorce my vindictive wife and want to know if she can claim half of my savings even though she has more than me and a share in her mothers house.She can have everything in the house but not my small amount of savings .I need this to move into a rented property and she can stay here. We live in our sons home and his business pays all the bills including council tax so there is no outgoings for us to share. I agree to pay for this info but can only pay by debit card and it seems to only accept credit cards which i dont have You can email me on***@******.*** to sort payment but i will try once more to pay before i log off. thanks
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long have you lived together and what assets and income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good morning Clare Been married 47 years but 30 have been misserable I stayed initially for the kids sake and then hit financial trouble and got stuck in a loveless situation with no money and had to compromise. i'm old fashioned and proud and dont believe the country should keep you so i didn't move out.Head down work hard and now have just a small £11,000 savings ,no debts, house assets only no property and an old car.We live seperatly in my sons house and he pays all the bills A good son ! so no outgoings! My only income is state pension £118 + private pension of £1117 per annum. My wife has same state pension + at least same amount of savings + a future share in a property worth at least £25,000 She can have all our shared assets but not my savings! but she in unreasonable and i think will try for them! John.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I should mention that i will be moving out as soon as i can somewhere Th e situation has become intolerable so i need all my savings to get somewhere
Does your wife also have a private pension?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning I think so as she worked as a secretary for a few years But i dont Know really we have lived seperate lives for so long so i cant be sure but you can assume she probably has i cant tell you anymore just that she definetly has more money than i do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cant always be on the computer i notice that your responses are in the evening but i go out most evenings I will try and check before i go out tonight at 7pm and i will try also several times during the day. thankyou.
Id your ex has the same amount of savings as you then there will be no need for any capital division.
If she already owns the share in her mother's house you will not even need to share your pension with her - so long as you make no claim on that interest in the property.
If not then you may have to pay ongoing spouse maintenance from your private pension.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks Clare!That does clarify the situation I want nothing from her. She worships money and is extremely mean with it and she is welcome to her god! I just want to live in peace! Thankyou once again I will leave you good feedback Regards John.