How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Thanks me with some very useful and clear advise

Customer Question

Hi Thanks for provided me with some very useful and clear advise on my work situation. However my question continued from the previous one as if my employer asked me to leave, due to poor performance (resulted from deteroriating health and work related stress), only with two month pay or facing written disaplinary procedure. However as Ben advised I have asked them to adjust including to provide me with an alternative role but they told me there isn't one. I have also asked if they can made me redundent they refused, and my self have also already volunterarily reduced my working hours which is not good for me as I am lossing money. Not only that due to my poor health (both physical and mental) I am unable to work full time anymore and this has presented me with more chellenge as if I to stay and they will impose further unachivable performance band which I knew it would be even more so hard to achive, or to accept another job as a full time then I will facing the same issue as I felt struggule to cope with works (some times daily life due to the depression) so, do you think will I can ask for a part time works and get some incapacity payment) as I am lossing not a small amount of wages but tens thousands (I am a senior staff and work in a highly demondable job) which now mades me struggel also finanically (mortgages and bills etc) which caused more stress for me. Please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Nicola

I appreciate the questions are quite specialised; I need to know so I will wait.

I thought the first solicitor whom answered my first questions was excellent called Ben.

Whilst you are still looking for expert to assist me, then may I also add other couple of questions as if we are to proceed with Tribunal who will be responsible for the cost as I don't have funds to proceed with such proceedings?

I have been told if I have been sacked by the company (dismissed whichever the term is) I will not be entitled for any income support or benefit whilst I am looking for another job?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
I assume they have refused your request for a higher settlement figure? Have you actually been dismissed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jenny

Thanks for your assistant, no but when I attended the meeting on Friday last week, I have been asked either to leave with two monty pay or facing disaplainary procedures. As mentioned I have been working with company for 9.9 years. The deteroirated performance was mainly due to my underlying health issues. My questions is what choice I have, whom will pay for my tribunel cost, if proceeding. And I have been advised if you have been dismissed you are not entitled for any help from the job centre or social services. I mean I am a high income staff and equally with a lot of out goings on bills mortgages, and over 52 years of age, this will cause considerable difficulties for me to search for another job, but if I stay they will just made my life unbearable.

If I have medical documents to proof I am unwell, will I get any help from the soical services as it is now my health is deteroriating and suffering from chronic conditions and that was part and partial of the problem that I am no longer be able to do a full time job as I used to, meeting all the tight deadlines. I am now more stressed as the finanical burdens if out of job. What can I do? Please help

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Has the employer sought a medical report to clarify your state of health?
Have you been offered a settlement Agreement?