How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

In 2008 I lost a mobile phone in Brazil and reported it when

This answer was rated:

in 2008 I lost a mobile phone in Brazil and reported it when I got back to the UK to LG, never heard from the provider. In 2009 I went to Southern africa to Work since I could not find employment in the UK. A few months ago my daughter scanned a Letter from the Lovell Financial & B***** ***** Solicitors saying I owe them £561.10 in a letter addressed to my daughters next door neighbour which has been empty but a new tenant gave her these letters.
I enquired who these people were by email and gave them my southern African address.
Last week two letters were delivered to my daughter, on to her address dated 28th July 2015 saying that I need to pay what i owe.
The second letter was from the County Court Business Centre addressed to her neighbour. This letter was a Judgement for Claimant (in Default) letter from the above County Court.
What can I do about this.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
When did you come back to the UK and when is the Judgment dated?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just got back this week will be in the uk for two weeks then I go back to Southern africa if I cannot find a job.

Ok you need to apply asap using form n244 to set aside the Judgment:
There is a Court fee of £155. The matter will be listed for hearing. You need to show that you have a defence and that you acted promptly. So you may need to provide evidence of WHEN you returned to the UK,
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So if I fill in this form can the Court throw out the claim if I provide evidence, because it will be too costly for me to keep flying to the UK for a Court Case.

If you have a strong defence then yes,
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.