How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I have items in my flat that I would like named people to get

Customer Question

I have items in my flat that I would like named people to get in my will also any money left over from my policy
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with over 20 years experience. I will try to answer your question.
I assume you already have a will. You can make gifts of specific items. If these gifts are not in the will then you will need to either make a new will or alter the existing one by making a codicil (an addition to an existing will).
This needs to be done with care and you should probably contact the solicitor who drafted the last will to help with this.